The checklist drafted by TMCP summarises the practical steps that all Local Churches, Circuits and Districts must take to ensure their data protection practices are robust. The full checklist can be found on the TMCP website here: Annual Check List
To simplify the reporting process an online form has been developed. which will automatically update both the Sheffield District Data Champion and TMCP as the Data Controllers.
Before filling in this form, please see the guidance here: GDPR Checklist Guidance
User Guide to the GDPR online form
- All required fields are marked with a red asterisk. This does not include signing into Google!
- The email address is required to send a copy of the response. This does not need to be the person completing the form.
- The first section asks for details about the church, the name of the person submitting the checklist and their role within the church
- If the church is in a Local Ecumenical Partnership (LEP) and are not following the Methodist procedures, you will be asked if the Managing Trustee body is independently registered with ICO. No further checks will be made.
- If you are not an LEP, the next section goes through the checks required by TCMP. This matches the paper version of the checklist and there is space for questions/comments.
- Once you submit the form a copy of your responses will be emailed to the address that you provided. You can edit your responses or submit another response if appropriate.
- Each individual church/circuit needs to submit this form.
You do not need to sign into Google to complete this form.
There may be an additional verification step at the end which is provided by Google and we have no control over this.
The first question you do need to answer is to provide an email address. This is so that you can receive a copy of the answers you submit.