Lay Stationing Representative
We are looking for a new Lay Stationing Representative to work within the Sheffield Methodist District.
Have you for an interest in people and their situations?
Are you a good listener and do you have a genuine concern about presbyters and deacons fulfil their calling and reach their potential in the right "station"?
If so – this role could be for you.
Roles and Key Tasks
- Liaise with the Administrator and Chair regarding the stationing requirements of the District for the coming year and arrange dates, times and venues for the stationing meetings that need to take place.
- Keep up-to-date via email with any Connexional news, information and documentation and circulate where necessary.
- Be available for initial meetings with presbyters/deacons and their partners and lead with the Chair the initial meeting for circuit stewards, and organise the venue in terms of refreshments, room lay-out etc
- Be available during the summer for Profiles to be emailed for comment and keep track that all Profiles are ready for the deadline in September.
- Look through the Profiles and note any suitable matches for circuits/presbyters.
- Liaise with the Yorkshire Districts regarding presbyters and appointments and produce spreadsheets for the Yorkshire Districts meeting in early October.
- With the Chair, prepare and deliver the training session in October for circuit stewards and church stewards.
- Be available for meetings with presbyters and circuit stewards to discuss possible matches, the matching process and visits.
- If required, be available to meet and discuss alternative arrangements in the event of no match being made for a presbyter or circuit appointment.
The role is suitable for a lay person who is interested in people and cares about the wellbeing of presbyters and deacons as they seek to serve God – and will start from August 2024
If you are interested in this role or for further information contact Katrin Hackett firstname.lastname@example.org