Manses Committee Secretary
Tom Rattigan (Mission Property Enable) is currently acting as Manses Committee Secretary, but expressions of interest in the role are still welcome
Roles and Key Tasks
- To convene the District Manses Committee annually which is chaired by the District Chair.
- To oversee the rotation of regular visits required to circuit manses
- To report back to circuits the results of visits undertaken by members of the Manses Committee and any action required
- To report regularly to the District Property Mission Enabler
- To oversee the work of the District Manses Committee, made up of Manse Visitors
- To receive reports from the Manse visitors on regular planned visits and prepare reports for Circuits, District Leading Team and Synod
- To receive reports from the Manse visitors on visits made ahead of ministers vacating manses to identify work needed in order to leave the manse in good order in accordance with the guidance contained within CPD
- To encourage circuits to take seriously their responsibilities for the upkeep of manses
- To report to the District Chair any situations of resistance or difficulty
The role is for a maximum of 6 years and is expected to take no more than 2 hours per week on average throughout the year. There will be times of concentrated activity.
An expression of Interest form can be downloaded from this page, or contact the District Office (email@example.com)